Friday, August 26, 2011

This Week in Review: Unreservedly Good

Well, I scheduled myself for the bench, but I ended up being needed both nights. This was awesome because not only did I fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally upgrade my shoulders - as you can see in the new header image - but we also finally got our Alysrazor kill. It was very delayed, in large part I think due to yet more roster instabilities earlier in the month. Now that we seem to have a really, really stable roster things are looking up. On the same night we got our first kill of Alysrazor, we pushed Majordomo Staghelm to 5%. We just need to be a little bit quicker on our feet adjusting to the very random position of the orbs and, Bob's your uncle, we'll be 6/7 normals. This gives me really great hope that we'll be able to clear the tier (and maybe I'll even get the bow off Rag) before the T13 release, which would be a huge, huge boost. Especially if we could get a couple of the easier FL heroics down, we could walk into the final raid of the expack with an average item level of 380 or so, making initial progress much easier.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I do apologize about the utter lack of videos. :/ The videos from guild first kills are (with the exception of Alys, which I think Fraps cut into two clips :( ) sort of overflowing with my own embarrassing play mistakes. So I keep hoping for a better cap, and then that's sort of a pain to re-do the voiceover for and maybe it still has a screwup in it, so I put it off yet another week... yeesh.

I also need to do a sort of "raiding quick tips" post, a post on keybinds, and use some pictures I took yesterday to put together a guide post on the Single Most Important Raid Consumable. It's not even crafted in-game! So yeah, I've got a ton of things to take care of.

But that makes it sound as if I'm complaining, and I'm really not. All in all, it's been a pretty exciting time for me inside and outside of WoW recently, and I'm pretty optimistic for the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeing the default Blogspot comment form, please be aware that I use Disqus for comment threading, and your comment will be imported into that system. Thank you very much for commenting!