Friday, July 8, 2011

Video!

Sort of!

I took a video of our Beth'tilac kill last night and wrote myself a little guide script explaining what I'm doing as a hunter, but I'm struggling with getting it on Youtube in any sort of decent format or quality. I've never really done the whole video editing thing before, and while the free tools out there do a decent job and are in some ways easy to learn, it can also be kind of tough to get them to do what I want. I've had to compromise, for example, with audio tracks. I wanted to have a background music track that just played for the entire time. Unfortunately, Windows Movie Maker doesn't let you do that, so I have to sort of abruptly fade into music when I run out of things to say for a little bit. And then the first time I tried to export it the quality really tanked, to the point where once it was on Youtube it was a blurry mess.

I'm re-exporting it right now, and then I'll have to tackle making Youtube's advanced uploader thingy actually work so I can get it uploaded at a high enough quality that you can actually see what's going on. I think it will probably be tomorrow at the soonest, since I think what I'm going to end up doing is trying to leave it uploading over night.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeing the default Blogspot comment form, please be aware that I use Disqus for comment threading, and your comment will be imported into that system. Thank you very much for commenting!