Thursday, January 6, 2011

When is it most annoying to buy an AH enchant?

Answer: when you've got an enchanter character with the pattern, but haven't been able to level her to 82 and get the pattern for the elementium rod. Sigh! I spent 1000 gold on mighty agility for my Rockslicer last night. I'm 99% certain that it's going to be the stat weapon I start raiding with, and yes that means I need to update my gear list post. I've been valuing hit on gear less and less and less, especially since I'm increasingly realizing how nice it is to be able to reforge mastery into hit. Reforging in general just means that you don't necessarily want to be all that close to any sort of hitcap on your gear, since it's so trivially easy to add another couple hundred hit by shedding your least desired stat in favor of it.
We've also started actually working on the achievements for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero, which means I need to get everything enchanted (I've been slacking on that) for the same reason that you need everything enchanted for raiding: you want every little edge and advantage. We did Old Faithful, Prince of Tides, and Umbrage for Umbriss last night. We must have slightly missed the timing for Rotten to the Core and Don't Need to Break Eggs, as I could have sworn we had 'em both, but I guess we didn't. Ah well! There'll be further chances, and I'm pretty confident we can finish off the achievement for at least some of the guild before raiding starts, and the more people have the meta completed, the easier it is to fill in the holes for the rest of 'em.
In other great news, the guild got its last couple of heroic guild run achievements for Grim Batol and Lost City before I did! This makes me quite happy, since the first 5 or so heroic guild runs had me in the group and I'm glad groups are forming without me. In fact I still don't have my Cataclysm Dungeon Hero achievement, but I'm sure I'll be able to get Lost City tonight and finish that. We would have done it last night, but 2 or 3 of the people in my group (we had two groups going, yay!) were already locked to it.
So yes. Updates to the gear list post incoming, as well as a non-heroic raid gear list post and a post on enchantments/gems for Cataclysm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeing the default Blogspot comment form, please be aware that I use Disqus for comment threading, and your comment will be imported into that system. Thank you very much for commenting!